Monday, June 16, 2008

Ask for What You Want

As I mentioned several times, I am working with the non-profit Hannah's Socks to help them get organized. Currently we are working on developing a board of directors for them. We are meeting with people to find out if they are interested in such a position and also if HS is interested in them.

During one of these conversations, I mentioned to Jack Hollister, president of the Employer's Association here in NW Ohio, that Doris Turner, the founder of HS, needed a laptop computer. He said, "Consider it done. Doris come to my office on Thursday and I'll give it to you then."

If you don't ask, you won't get.

Friday night I attended the Rotary charter night dinner with Steve. I spent a lot of time talking with Jenna Wasylyshyn. Jenna is the wife of Rotary member, Mark Wasylyshyn and he also happens to be the sheriff of our county. They live out in the country like we do. Jenna is a horsewoman and works at Serenity Farms. This is an organization I had not heard of before, so Jenna shared quite a bit about what they do. Of course, I asked the question about board members for Hannah's Socks. I figured Jenna might be too busy, but that she would know some other good people.

Flash forward to Saturday. Jenna and Mark attended a wedding in Perrysburg. At the wedding Jenna took it upon herself to talk with two people about this opportunity and both women were interested.
Like I said, "If you don't ask you won't get."

What should you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment