Friday, April 11, 2008

A Good Guy

I just found out that my friend, Dave Achen, was named Business Person of the Year for the Sylvania (Ohio) Chamber of Commerce. Dave had asked me to nominate him and I was more than happy to do so, as he is truly an advocate of the chamber. My only regret is that I was not able to attend the event where his recognition was announced.

Dave and I go back a long ways. I first met when he asked to have coffee and then proceeded to do a "sales" presentation with charts and graphs, of why I needed to invest with him. Needless to say, I ran from Dave! We laugh about it now. But he was only doing what he had been told to do.

Fast forward a number of years. Another friend, Jennifer Alford, at that time was the marketing director of the company Dave worked for. She realized the value of the Certified Networker class and she put nine people from the company through the course. One of those was Dave.

He was not happy to be in the class. His body language told me that! After all, he had taken every class known to man. What new could we possible have for him.

The rest is history. Dave got involved. He realized the value of developing relationships. One person he met through CN gave him a referral that is still putting big money in his pocket. Dave also gives back.

I am proud that Dave is my friend and am so happy that the rest of our area has recognized his talents.

Please send Dave your congratulations, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment