Recently I met someone who is really unhappy.
This person is so unhappy that he is affronted when others are not as unhappy as he is.
In fact, this person makes other people "wrong" for having a positive attitude.
I feel sorry for this person, but I don't want to be around him that much. It drains too much energy.
So, just to neutralize a few of his negative stabs into the universe, I'm going to list what I'm happy about.
1. I'm happy that last week we had 80+ people at our Certified Networker graduation.
2. I'm happy and excited that GreaterFindlayInc wants to partner with CN to help promote the course in Findlay. Jeremiah for president!
3. I'm excited about attending the BNI conference this week, meeting with old friends, being introduced to new and learning new concepts. It's even better that Bob Burg is the keynote speaker.
4. I'm thrilled that I'm sharing a room with my friend, Sandy Pirwitz at the conference. She always makes me laugh.
5. The fact that I was able to play outside all day last Saturday and even plant a few seeds in the garden was a wonderful bonus.
6. Saturday evening we had dinner with a neat couple and then attended the last
play of Village Player's season. It was community theater celebrating their 50th year. I am so happy that volunteers continue to add culture to our landscape.
7. I am really, really happy that through Leadership Toledo, I've met Doris and Vic Turner of Hannah's Socks. I feel so honored to help them grow their non-profit.
8. I can't say enough about how wonderful The Women's Entrepreneurial Network is and has been for the last 14 or so years of my business life. WEN's networking events are happy happenings!
9. The CN community and especially the Board of Action is so rewarding to be connected to. They make our community come alive. They make me happy and proud when we have an event where "outsiders" are invited. The energy level is outstanding.
10. I am proud and happy that Davis College saw the benefit of the Certified Networker course being taught to their students as an accredited class. Davis was a leader in the nation in doing so.
11. I thank my lucky stars that I met my best friend, Deanna Tucci Schmit, now over 20 years ago. She is my mentor in so many things, she is my friend to whom I can bitch to, she is my friend that will listen to the bitching and then tell me to take a chill pill and do something about it. She also makes me laugh as much as Sandy does.
So there you have it. Ya' just can't rain on my parade.
What's your list?