Monday, February 26, 2007

Sharing Information

A lead is a four letter word. It describes something less than a referral. It can have a negative connotation, but really it shouldn't as long as it is understood.

In my world, a lead is information. So while it can be less than desirable if that's all I get from referral sources, if I truly want to share information with others, then it is good!

The training team for Certified Networker here in NW Ohio is about sharing information. I had been emailing them the names of all people I met with each week to keep me accountable for reaching my prospecting goals.

At the last trainer meeting, the team suggested that we adopt two ideas. One was that in my report they wanted me to include the company name along with the person's name. Makes sense, doesn't it???

The second item is that they want to share the names of people with whom they have met. That way as a group of six we can help each other. Already in just doing this for two weeks, there have been requests from and to each other asking to introductions to people on this list. Gosh, why hadn't we thought of this before? Seems pretty simple, doesn't it?

So this list that we're compiling. It's really a lead to the other five in the group. Each name is a piece of information only. But it is the support behind the list that keeps it from being only a four letter word.

How do you share your prospect list?

No comments:

Post a Comment