Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Pink Tonka Trucks

Somebody asked me tonight about how I keep all the networking information straight in my head, so that when someone says that they are interested in trucking, I remember others that also have the same focus. I had to reply truthfully that I really didn't know the answer and probably I'm really not that good at it.

What stood out for me in the example I gave, trucking, is that of the four or five people who have mentioned that they are focusing on the trucking industry, all of them are women. Now, I'm all for women doing any job. I do have to admit that because of the gender involved, it became a memorable, top-of-mind piece of information for me.

What can we learn from that?

If we're unique in some way, we will be top-of-mind.

There are plenty of people who tell me that they're target market is small business owners. I can tell you that they are a blur in my mind. The description is way too general for me to remember. They are blah.

How do you remember who to connect with whom? What is your system?

No comments:

Post a Comment