Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Red-Headed Snackers


My hubby Steve put a couple of those suet wire cages out for the birds this winter. I had a ball watching all the birds, but I especially enjoyed the woodpeckers. The feeder that I can watch from my office window stayed filled till about two weeks ago. The big, red-headed woodpeckers (my friend, Deanna Tucci Schmitt would tell you the actual name of the bird.) were there a lot.

Once they licked (do birds lick?) the containers clean, they no longer appeared at my porch.

This weekend I put some more stuff in the cages.

But the woodpeckers must have moved on or found some other more desirable feeder.

Hmmm, it made me wonder if I'm paying attention my referral sources and feeding them well. Or am I allowing them to move on the more favorable relationships?

No comments:

Post a Comment