Friday, July 20, 2007

Don't Tell the Competition

Yesterday I was an event where I was previewing another professional's services. The main reason I went was to be able to talk better about this person's services when I have the chance to refer him in the future.

Of the four people at this session, two of us happened to be Certified Networker grads and two were not.

At one point there were comments about competition.

The two who were not CNers, looked at competition as the enemy, holding all information away from these devils.

The two who were CNers, explained that the person who was leading the session could be considered competition to both of us, but that we understood that we could cooperate and refer because he doesn't do exactly the same thing that either of us do. We are not afraid of him.

For me, that snippet of conversation really cemented the value of what I do, which is to lead the growth of Certified Networker in Ohio. I know that I am changing the way business gets done here in NW Ohio. My vision is to change it for the whole state of Ohio.

You see, when people cooperate with each other and think of how they can help each other, less energy is spent on negative activities. People working together, helping each other, can accomplish a lot more in a shorter time.

I call it positive economic development!

No comments:

Post a Comment