Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Okay, I'm Back

I don't know what was going on, but I just didn't feel like blogging. Sorry about that!

So today I met with a woman who is the director of a chamber of commerce. She made me laugh because she told me that she was afraid to meet with me. (I'm such an ogre!) She was afraid of what I wanted. She had already canceled our meeting one time, for a good reason, but she sure hoped that I wouldn't call her back. But like a bad penny, I keep showing up.

She shared that she lives just a couple miles away from her office and that office is small, like a nest. She drives to work, enters her office, and then drives home. She would rather put packets together than get out and meet people. It reminds me of the description that Ivan Misner uses on his CD entitled, "Networking for Cave Dwellers."

Underneath that scared exterior is this cool lady, one who holds herself back. But I think she is on the verge of doing some very important work. No concrete details, just a feeling. She said that fear holds her back. I told her about my friend Cheryl McCormick's post from a couple days ago. It was a great explanation of overcoming fear.

I expect to tell you more about her in the future because I believe she has greatness in her. I believe in her!

What are you afraid of?

No comments:

Post a Comment