Sunday, December 17, 2006

Networking Menu

Today, I am organizing menus for the holiday when my children and grandchildren will be here. It boggles my mind that as a young mom, I used to be able to put meals together at the drop of a hat. Now that Steve and I are alone, dinner is as likely to be catch as catch can. Ever so often one of us makes a real meal, but I have to admit that I may be out of practice just a bit. That's why places like Let's Dish do so well in today's society!

But anyway, as I was laughing to myself about my lack of skills in the meal preparation area, I thought about networking in the same way. I don't know about you, but sometimes I feel kind of rusty when I attend an event when I haven't been out there on the networking line in awhile. I forget to smile and approach people instead of waiting for them to approach me. I'm never really comfortable at big group type events, but the longer between each event, the more awkward I feel. I guess networking is much like working out. If not done regularly, it is not second nature.

Steve and I are going to a holiday party later this afternoon, so I'll be exercising my networking muscles.

Am I the only one who experiences this, or do some of the rest of you have these feelings?

No comments:

Post a Comment