Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I Couldn't Have Planned It!

Serendipity just smacks me in the face sometimes. A business acquaintance (and friend) of mine introduced me to a networking friend of hers this week. For various reasons this friend wants to supplement her income.

I'll set the scene for you.

We met at a local Panera. Both were there when I arrived and were sitting at a table that I probably would never have chosen to sit at because it is in a noisy location. My hearing is not the best. As the friend was telling me about herself and what was happening in her work life and personal life, I happened to glance not twenty feet across the restaurant. Sitting at a table was another networking acquaintance. She represents The Traveling Vineyard, a multi-level marketing company that produces wine tastings in the home presentation format.

The new friend happens to be Italian and loves food and wine. Zing!

Before the coffee mugs were empty, the two had been introduced. They made arrangements for the friend to attend a wine presentation tonight to see what it is all about. Just like that.

I can tell you that the most I expected from this meeting was for me to get an idea of what the friend was thinking about and probably to get her resume.

But the stars were lined up just right.

Don't ya' just love that when it happens?

No comments:

Post a Comment