Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Where, Oh Where Has My Little Dog Gone?

Friday was a banner day.

There were several reasons.

I taught a BNI Membership Success class of 22 people in Findlay and then right after that an additional class for the second half of MSP, which we in NW Ohio call Success Track II.

After that, I also delivered a preview for my business Certified Networker. It was a really good session.

But those were NOT the high points of my day.

You see, my wedding ring had been missing for two or three weeks.

When I get home at night, I usually take it off, so that I don't dig around in the garden getting it dirty.

Sometimes I forget and then later in the evening, I'll remove it and set it on the end table beside my chair. The stone sets up high and it tends to catch on the upholstery fabric.

So now you have the story. And I'm sure any married women (or man) understands that horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach, knowing that I've lost something very symbolic of the marriage.

I was sure it was in the house, but it had found a good hiding place.

Friday morning, very early, I found it!!!!!!!!! Yep, I pulled out a necklace that I hadn't worn in awhile. I keep my "costume" jewelry in little plastic bags to help reduce the damage they'd get from rubbing into each other. Out from the bag dropped both the necklace and the ring.

Yea!

My intuition was so strong about the ring being in the house, that I didn't even consider it lost or stolen. I'm pretty good with my intuition, not only with jewelry but also with people. Ever so often I'm wrong about people and then I'm glad that there are others out there who can open my mind. I'm glad I was right about my ring!

Sigh!

What's the worst thing that you've lost or misplaced?

No comments:

Post a Comment