Sunday, November 18, 2007

Don't They Understand

I have to talk about one issue that has now happened twice in the last couple weeks.

I have been involved with two events that were giving the proceeds of the event to a charity or two.

At both events the representatives of the charities had agreed to be in attendance for the event.

At the first event the representatives of the charity arrived late and left early. They also did not fulfill a commitment they had made to perform a certain job at the end of the evening.

At the second event the representative spoke and mentioned that they had to move on to something else more important that evening. What?!?!?

Both charities had ample notice of these events and their facts of their involvement.

Today, charities are having a more difficult time finding the money they need to exist. Don't they realize that a conversation they might have at such an event could lead to bigger money. And don't they realize that when I see them leave early, I make a decision to never give them money again?

I realize that they have families to get home to, tasks to complete and generally a need to be off the clock.

Guess what? I do too. But there I was at both events long after they left, still making money for them.

This time.

What's your take on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment