Thursday, February 28, 2008

Frustrated

Report from the hinderland!

I have been using my new hearing aides for about two weeks now and on a scale of 1 - 10, they are an 8.5. There are still situations where I don't hear as well as I would like, but the audiologist told me to keep track of the situations and when I see her for my check-up she would be able to program for those situations.

One challenge I have had is using my cell phone in the car, which I have always done hands-free in the past by using an ear bud. Of course, that won't work now. Evidently, there is Bluetooth equipment that will transmit the phone directly to my hearing aides. NEAT!

My phone, a Blackberry, needed to be replaced anyway but now the motivation was there to replace it because it is not Bluetooth-enabled. My new phone was shipped to me today. I have now spent almost 2 hours on the phone trying to activate my phone. I have been put on hold numerous times, and was cut off once. During the hold time, this pleasant recording warmly told me how easy it is to pay bills "in a flash." Just hang up and start again.

I am not impressed with Sprint's customer service, but somehow I don't think they care. I went to a brick and mortar store to purchase my phone, only to be told it would be shipped to me and that it's easy to get it up and running.

WRONG.

I'm giving them ten more minutes, whoops, she just came back on and told me to punch in some numbers and then asked if I have a Samsung phone, when I have been telling her that it is a Blackberry from the start of this call.

WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO BE SO HARD?????????????

Okay, the phone is working, but even though I asked the lady if email would start too, and she said, "yes," that doesn't seem to be the truth.

Okay, thanks for reading. I just had to get this off my chest.

PS Total time, 2 hours, 10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment