Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Who'd of Thunk?

As I mentioned in my post yesterday, at the jungle Super Bowl party I met an author, Michael Cruit. Mike has been in Costa Rica for a long time now, living at the the place where the Sierpe River empties in the Pacific. That's even farther out there than Tracy's house. Michael has to come to town to get Internet.

Anyway, Michael has self-published his first book via www.lulu.com.

Big deal, ya' say?



Well, you're right, there are a lot of self-published authors out there.

Michael had a copy of his book at Tracy's house. Fastball Fari is a fictional account of the first female, professional baseball pitcher. Now I think just the premise of the book makes me want to read it. But even better is Michael's style. His sentence are short -- real short. The read is fast. I could have really gotten into the book that night, but realized that good author etiquette was to purchase the book to read it! If this sounds good to you, you can also do the same, either as a paperback or a download.

When Michael gets his load of books, who do you think he should send marketing copies to? I will forward your suggestions on to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment