Wednesday, August 6, 2008

60 60 60 60 60 60

Well, I'm back from not blogging for awhile. Lots of stuff got in the way -- but good stuff.

I celebrated my 60th birthday with a BIG party thrown by my sons,
daughters-in-law and hubby on July 27. What a wonderful day. Seventy people showed up for a picnic on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon.

In the invitation that my son, Greg, sent out via Evite, he let everyone know that I didn't want gifts, but if they wanted to donate to my two favorite charities, that would be a bonus. Everyone was very generous and Way Public Library Foundation and Hannah's Socks got some cash that they weren't planning on.

All the birthday cards were great and I really thank my lucky stars that I have such a wonderful family and so many special friends.

A friend who went the extra mile was Deanna Tucci Schmitt. (In this picture she has just had a full day of travel and is holding one of my grandchildre and playing with the other.) She lives in Pittsburgh, but was training at BNI headquarters the week before the party. She changed her original flight reservations, so that instead of flying home, she flew into Detroit on Saturday. Greg and Lisa (son and d-i-l) picked her up and then they all came down to Toledo together. The day after the party, Deanna and I left early so that I could take her home on my way to visit another friend in Scranton for the week. Just changing her flight reservation cost $150 dollars. Wow! Friends sure are great.

I have never had a birthday celebration before and this one sure did make it fun.

I'll fill you in on other stuff I've been doing over the next couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment