Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Weeds and More Weeds

I have spent the better part of two weekends trying to reclaim my gardens from WEEDS.

It is a never ending battle, especially with the ever present, evil thistle. The Queen's Anne's Lace takes a close second too.

Sunday as I was out there trying to make headway, I got to thinking about the expanse of my gardens and how perhaps I have set myself up for failure. There is no way I can keep up with all of it and also do all the other things in my life.

With that thought in mind, my brain began to doodle. Wasn't that concept very much like trying to having too many referral contacts. Trying to balance too many relationships will offer some benefits, but not necessarily the ones that come from one solid connection. Just like my garden, the results will be only just so.

That thought was a good wake up call to me to be more focused on the the main relationships. And that includes not only business relationships, but friends and family, too.

What's your comment on this situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment