Saturday, June 30, 2007

Beans, Raspberies and Snakes

Today, before leaving to visit my friend, Deanna Tucci Schmitt, (She's the BNI Executive Director for Western PA.)















I decided to pick the first crop of green beans and also pick another quart of red raspberries. Steve will be home while I'm gone, but I know that he might forget to pick.









I had mentioned to a friend while at my BNI meeting early this morning, that I was going to do that task. She said, "I would offer to pick, but when we were out at your house the other night for the 5th Birthday Party for Certified Networker, Greg (our son) told me that you have snakes." I assured her that was history, that I had not seen any snakes this year.






Forward to the raspberry patch. I was trying to pick as quickly as possible so that I could get on the road. At one point I pulled a raspbery stalk aside and there curled around the top of the short wire fence was a snake. At first I thought it was a bungie cord and couldn't figure out why Steve had put one there. But I soon realized that I was seeing just the middle of the snake.





So I guess there goes my line about no snakes!




Don't know what that has to do with networking. Maybe we can turn that into, "expect the unexpected; it will probably show up at networking events."

No comments:

Post a Comment